• Related 352nd FG Sites

• Teamspeak

To join the 352nd VFG Teamspeak server contact the XO or CO at the email link on the bottom of the Home page of this site.
  • Ramblin'Jack

Call sign: 352nd_Ramblin'_Jack
    Aircraft No: 14, "R" in Squad Lettering
    Enlistment Date: October 30, 2003
    Duties Pilot, 486th Squadron Commander, Training Officer, Forum Master
    Commendations:
    Bronze Star Meritorious Service Medal
    Air Medal Air Achievement Medal
    Distinguished Unit Citation Combat Readiness Medal
    Doolittle Raid Medal Welcome to Bodney Medal
    Ploesti Raid Ribbon Yamamoto Mission
    Pacific Flight Missions Order of the Rising Sun, 4th Class
    Inter-Squad Competitions:
    Scoreboard:
    Inter-Squad matches only.
    Air-to-Air Victories
    Successful Bomb Run

Hometown: Spring Creek, Nevada
    Web Page, Projects, Special Interests, etc:
    Profile: Hi!! My home town is Spring Creek, Nevada (Just outside of Elko, NV.) I started flying between my junior and senior years in high school(1966). I make my living doing it full time and still can't believe people pay me to do what I would gladly do for free.

I did a tour of duty in the Army, including a tour in Vietnam as an Air Traffic Controller. I also worked as an Air Traffic Controller for the FAA until the PATCO strike put me on the street. I had no choice but to start flying again.

My first flight simulator was for my Commodore 64, and I have been hooked ever since. I look forward to each new version that becomes available. I recently purchased a Dell with enough horsepower to move all the sliders to the right.

I'm into my 29th year of marriage and my wife still doesn't understand how I can fly all day and still feel the need for simulation. My two daughters are attending the University of Nevada in Reno, and just shake their heads at my addiction to computers and planes.

Becoming part of the 352nd FG has added a whole new dimension to simming. Every now and then, even if it is only for a second or two, it is easy to imagine what it must have been like to be 21 or 22 years old and take off into the unknown armed with the best aircraft America could build and with the help of your fellow airman save the world from the dark days of World War II.

My hat is off to those who actually had to do that day in and day out.

Ramblin' Jack

• Audio

The Merlin

352nd SamDog produced a terrific "Era Radio" sound byte .... kinda takes you back 75 years or so. Click the Speaker below to enjoy. Approximate run time is seven minutes.

• Recent Forum Posts

352nd Persecutor

Irish, As IL-2 evolved from its initial...

Irish,

As IL-2 evolved from its initial release it became, from IL-2 Sturmovik, to IL-2 Forgotten Battles and Ace Expansion Pack. Somewhere along the line (been years, I've forgotten the details)...

352nd Persecutor 03-22-2017, 10:03 AM Go to last post
    O'Donovan

I mentioned him in the post about DCS WWII...

I mentioned him in the post about DCS WWII failing. Then I specifically left him OUT of the picture when I said ED could contract with 1C to finish DCS WWII. 1C is a major game company with a large...

O'Donovan 03-19-2017, 05:02 PM Go to last post