• Related 352nd FG Sites

• Teamspeak

To join the 352nd VFG Teamspeak server contact the XO or CO at the email link on the bottom of the Home page of this site.
  • Jinkers

Call sign: 352nd_Jinkers
    Aircraft No: 3, "J" in Squad Lettering
    Enlistment Date: May 27, 2000, returned from captivity May 27, 2003
    Duties 487th Squadron Commander, Pilot
    Commendations:
    Distinguished Flying Cross Airman's Medal
    Meritorious Service Medal Air Service Medal
    Air Achievement Medal Distinguished Unit Citation
    Combat Readiness Medal D-Day Campaign Medal
    Normandy Campaign Medal Doolittle Raid Medal
    Welcome to Bodney Medal Ploesti Raid Ribbon
    Yamamoto Mission
    Inter-Squad Competitions:
    Scoreboard:
    Inter-Squad matches only.
    Air-to-Air Victories
    Successful Bomb Run

Hometown: Fort Collins, CO
    Web Page, Projects, Special Interests, etc: The legend of Y-29
    Profile: Hi, my name is Jinkers and I am an un-repentant flight-sim addict.

I started playing CFS online in Dec 99, when I bought the game with my new computer. But until I found my way to the CFC in March 2000, it was just a game. Once I started playing in IP games on the CFC and later at CFS IP Games, Netwings and the Sim-Outhouse, I found that some people actually believed in a fair game AND had a sense of the history the game is based on. This is when I officially became an "addict" .

I joined the 352nd in May 2000 when the group was being formed (always loved those blue nosed mustangs and the CFS experience just kept getting better! I later joined in with Razor and the rest of the gang at the Fightertown Design Group making add-ons for the CFS world. As time went on and the group website and Fightertown got to be too much for one man to handle, I took over the 352nd webmaster duties at Fightertown. Eventually the FDG dissolved and Fightertown faded away, at the same time real life issues took me away from flight-simming and the 352nd.

After many moons I was unable to stay away any longer and signed on for another tour of duty here with the 352nd. Now I have risen to the command staff and taken on the squadron artist duties to exercise my left over designers urges. Though the sims have changed (CFS1 then 2, IL-2 and Forgotten Battles, now Pacific Fighters and who knows what next) our group has continued to share in the joy and camaraderie of our shared love of flight simulators, airplanes, WWII history. Not to mention a deep respect for the men of the 352nd and the rest of the Allied pilots who flew the real airplanes into real battles where the outcome was final and was decided by skill, luck and their flying machines.

Besides being addicted to combat flight simulators and WWII aviation history, I fly RC aircraft and belong to the local RC club (Rocky Mountain Modeleers). I am also addicted to most outdoor activities; hiking, mountain biking, skiing, snow shoeing, camping, hunting, 4 wheeling and most anything else. This is somewhat of a problem for me since I also have to work at times - How's it go… So much to do, so little time.

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read about us. If you are interested in our group our would just like to fly in a fair and fun game, please feel free to contact any of us

~S~ Jinks (Jinkers@352ndFG.com)

• Audio

The Merlin

352nd SamDog produced a terrific "Era Radio" sound byte .... kinda takes you back 75 years or so. Click the Speaker below to enjoy. Approximate run time is seven minutes.

• Recent Forum Posts

352nd Persecutor

Irish, As IL-2 evolved from its initial...

Irish,

As IL-2 evolved from its initial release it became, from IL-2 Sturmovik, to IL-2 Forgotten Battles and Ace Expansion Pack. Somewhere along the line (been years, I've forgotten the details)...

352nd Persecutor 03-22-2017, 10:03 AM Go to last post
    O'Donovan

I mentioned him in the post about DCS WWII...

I mentioned him in the post about DCS WWII failing. Then I specifically left him OUT of the picture when I said ED could contract with 1C to finish DCS WWII. 1C is a major game company with a large...

O'Donovan 03-19-2017, 05:02 PM Go to last post